Showing opportunities tagged with WWI
What is Together?
Together is a creative arts project, which invites young people to produce poetry, art, or songs on the themes of hope and unity, inspired by the shared history between the UK and Germany to mark the WW1 Centenary.
The deadline has now passed.
Your creative project
- Participation is open to all young people aged 9-16.
- Projects should be on the theme of hope and unity, inspired by the First World War.
- Poetry and songs can be in English, German, Gaelic or Welsh. Art work can be in any medium.
- Submissions can be created as as a group-, classroom- or homework activity. This can also be work that young people have already produced.
- Projects can be submitted by individuals, school or youth groups, or in partnership with a German school or youth group.
- Projects can (but don't have to) include exchange visits and/or online collaboration.
- Participation in the competition is free.
Chosen entries will be published in the Never Such Innocence Legacy Book and winners will be invited to a special event at the British Embassy in Berlin in November.
All participants will receive a personalised Certificate of Commendation.
Working with a German partner school
If you would like to work with your partner school in Germany on a joint submission and would like to organise pupil visits as part of the project, you could apply for the Flexible Funding Scheme – World War I.
The Together project has been created during this final year of the centenary by Never Such Innocence with support from the British Embassy in Berlin, Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge and UK-German Connection.
Flexible Funding Scheme
Working with a German partner school or group? Apply for funding for a joint WW1 project
Resources (Never Such Innocence)
Free resources, lesson plans and suggested activities are available for young people to learn about WWI and can be used as a starting point for projects.